Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Occasionally I hear the pitter-patter of little feet in the ceiling above our family room. Yes, a pesky little rodent has decided to take up residence over my head, invite friends and family to hold parties and foot races. This sets me into action. I grab the mouse poison and place some under the house which usually takes care of the problem. I rotate different types of delicious morsels so the little varmints will not become immune to the stuff. This one is a mouse of a different color. I heard this visitor several weeks ago and placed bar bait under the house. He lived. Next step was the just one bite pellets with no avail. I then put out the poison peanut butter balls. These always work... never failed before. I take the above poisons grind them up, add peanut butter and make little balls. I then place them in a baggie in the freezer for convenient use. My DIL once said, "Mom you kick the bucket we'll be dippin' those things in chocolate and eating them." (I have them well labeled.) Needless to say my tried and true method failed. I then took the advice I once received from an exterminator and coated some granola with quick set cement and offered it to my guest. No matter what I have tried it seems to be the drug of choice for Mickey who seems to be thriving and having an exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippie Tie Yie Yay, I'm so glad you popped in. I adore, cherish and covet your comments. Even though I love seein' my name in lights I am an award free blog. Thanks for visitin' ya'll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails