Wednesday, March 11, 2009

KNOCK-KNOCK

Among the many hats I wear I am the preteen Sunday School teacher at our church. ( The tweens are a challenging age) I also have the privilege of being the Children's Church director of which I am very passionate about. This gives me the honor of touching many little lives. This hat I wear very seriously.

Our church partakes in communion once a month. Last month I had a vibrant little six year-old boy who had only attended church services once during his short little life. This little visitor was in services his first time at our church on communion Sunday. Most of my children have accepted Jesus in their young little hearts and participate in communion. Not wanting this child to be bewildered to what was taking place I began asking him questions during song service.

The first question I asked was if he knew what communion was. He looked at me with a sparkle in his big brown eyes and volunteered, " I don't know what communion is....but I know what community is!" Knowing I have my work cut out for me, I begin sharing Jesus and salvation with this little guy.

As I was sharing my heart the child looks up at me and states far beyond his years, " I believe in Jesus....I really want Him in my heart....I just don't know how to get'em in there." With a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye I took the little lad by the hand and led him from the sanctuary to find a quiet corner to pray . This little child of God openly asked Jesus into his willing heart in a quite corner of the church that day, got up and participated in his first communion.
He has been in church ever since that day activity seeking the lessons of God.

How much better would our world be if only as adults when we heard that soft knocking on our hearts we would simply open the door? Be it for salvation , the nugging to visit a neighbor or blessing a stranger who crosses our path. How often do we keep our door locked? Knock-knock......Whose there???.....Jesus.....Please take the lead of a child and open that door. You will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippie Tie Yie Yay, I'm so glad you popped in. I adore, cherish and covet your comments. Even though I love seein' my name in lights I am an award free blog. Thanks for visitin' ya'll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails